Sunday, May 17, 2009
I hope this old train breaks down
Then I could take a walk around
And, see what there is to seeRecent spate of events left my spirits broken and body crumbling ( my hip hurts like shat and I’ve no idea why D: ) Can’t say I’m not disappointed with the results, I suppose there should be a VERY good reason why it is so, and I can’t wait to find out. When there’s a yawning crevice below you, it sucks to be kept hanging. But yeah, I survived and am surviving nonetheless. After all, people have been telling me it’s just –, so I shouldn’t keep rolling the matter over and over again in my head. Knowing that others feel the same way as me really helps, to those who helped me get over it, thanks for every onward push, every extended hand, every pat on the back (: one really important lesson that I learnt is that I can’t have everything I want like everything else I already have and it’s time to move on with life and get over that past phase of my life. Nope, I’m not quitting like my mum and others asked me to, it’s too much an opportunity cost; so I’m going to carry on and I’ll have to start working hard for the things I want and not just keep hoping that I’ll get them.
Anyway, by the way, Your loss, not mine.
Moving on, it’s high time I shifted my focus back to studies after this week. Lit has been taking a lot out on me, I’m writing my fourth essay in a week, but I guess I’m enjoying the process, though I don’t know if my results will show yet. I still have not really gotten back into the mood. I hope I get it soon; I desperately need some good showing.
I’m really at a loss as to what to do for my French oral presentation, and I’ll have to settle my topic real quick since my oral exam is THIS Friday and it doesn’t help that my first lesson was two days ago. All my wonderful early dismissals and countless breaks are gone now :/ not that I ever reached home before nightfall anyway.
My leg still hurts but I don’t know where the pain’s really coming from, something like my head hurting. And to top that all off, my right hip feels like someone just dealt me a blow me from the back, which is kind of like what happened last week.
On a really lighter and happier note, hockey girls are going to the finals this Thursday! I’m really happy that the girls played so well on Friday (: I hope the team will be able to replicate it all on Thursday, and gold will be ours to take!
All the people in the streetWalk as fast as their feet can take themI just roll through town