Thursday, November 22, 2007
back from hokkaido (:
the trip was funnnn. with the right amounts of sight-seeing and shopping :D
ahyo desireeee i dont feel like blogging about the whole trip in detail! ): i'm a lazylazy girl! haha shall just tell you in brief what i did.
LETTER TO DESIREE ON HOKKAIDO TRIPDear Desiree,
I had experienced much much snow in Hokkaido. The weather there was really swell at first; being all cool and crisp. Then it became a crazy swirl of thick snow coming down in torrents which was horrible because the huge flakes that resembled dandruff kept entering my eyes. I loved walking on the crunchy snow. I wonder if you’ve ever walked on snow. You should (: I made a little snowman. I shall attach a photo of it later. I hope there’s snow in Italy next year then su, xianhui, you and me can make many many snow people together (:
I saw beautiful sceneries there as well; hills, mountains, oceans and seas. The places coved with snow were the most pretty of them all. I saw lakes and ponds alike half frozen with one end flowing and brimming with running water and the other iced up, unmoving. I saw a dormant volcano with spouted sizzling sulphur.
And I ate food. Oh how I ate. I ate raw king crab, sashimi, steamboat, scallops etc. I ate Kobe beef as well! Man, it was costly. About 100 bucks for a few morsels. But it was worth it! (: I even had to don a yukata during one of the meals. No photos for that though! (:
I went for a private hot spring also. It was rejuvenating. Did you know that you have to strip in the public hot spring facility? Yucks.
I saw cute little brown bears and even got to feed them. I saw wild deer in a national reserve also and got to touch an antler which was really smooth.
I watched ninjas at work too; appearing out from every nook and cranny.
I got to make my own ice cream too. Yummy.. It was really soft and smooth. The place where I made the ice cream was really relaxing and beautiful as it was up on a hill. When I grow up, I want to live in a place like that (:
I ate lavender ice cream also. It was really nice and minty. There was this shop which specialized in lavender products also. I bought a musical doll from there (:
I bought parts to assemble my very own music box also. When I’m done fixing it, I’ll show you alright? I visited the music box factory where all the music boxes were intricately decorated. It was really a petite, homely little place.
I even got to see a demonstration going on. I went to many places to shop as well. Sapporo Station was really huge with all the inter-meeting shopping centres. I bought a minnie mouse backpack there. It's really cute (: Went to factory outlet also. I love that place. It has all the famous brands. I bought a handbag there also. It's like a pastiche handbag. Haha, bringing in PoMo. Lovely too.
Ps. The Japanese girls there really know how to dress up. And the japanese guys are cute. It would be heaven for you there girl (:
Pss. Miss you lots. Go out sometime soon!
Psss. Hope this post's good enough!
Love,
Shermaine